Prof. Niko Härting studied at Freie Universität Berlin and is a lawyer since 1993. In 1996, he founded the law firm HÄRTING Rechtsanwälte, which has been growing steadily ever since. In 2012, he was appointed honorary professor at the University of Applied Sciences for Economics and Law – HWR Berlin, where he has been a lecturer since 1991. From 2014 onwards, Niko Härting has been consistently listed among the best lawyers in IT law in the Best Lawyers Ranking.
Active in the Information Law Committee, Professional Law Committee and Professional Ethics Committee of the
Member of the editorial board of the journal
Regular contributor to the journals IT-Rechtsberater and IP-Rechtsberater as well as the journal Kommunikation&Recht
- Founder and editor of the magazine Privacy in Germany (PinG)
- Expert at profund – The start-up support of Freie Universität Berlin
- Chairman of the board of Curators of the Friends of the Schaubühne e.V.
- PinG Podcast “Corona im Rechtsstaat”
- Berliner Anwaltverein
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht und Informatik e.V. (DGRI)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
- American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham)
- British Chamber of Commerce in Germany (BCCG)
- Bundesverband E-Commerce und Versandhandels e.V. (bevh)
- Teddy Award e.V.
- Assistant lecturer at the Berlin School of Economics and Law (HWR Berlin) since 1991
- Honorary professor at the HWR since 2012