Dieses Webinar ist in Englisch!
Register now for the webinar on December 9, 2021 at 12 noon!
NFTs are on everyone’s lips. The headlines fluctuate between investment speculation and technological miracle cure. NFTs are used where a digital object is to be marked as an original individual piece. So, how about songs as NFTs on the blockchain? The speaker devotes this webinar to the issue of how music as NFT fits into our legal framework. Will NFTs shake up the music industry in Switzerland?
The speaker Roman will be joined by his colleague Luca Egitto for a debate about the use cases and legal challenges. Luca Egitto is a Partner with RP Legal & Tax in Turin, Italy, where he focuses on entertainment and IP law.
The webinar tackles these topics:
- Wherein lies the appeal for music as NFT from the perspective of the musician or the consumer?
- Claiming copyright royalties: Status Quo vs. the world of NFTs
- What “raison d’être” remains for collecting rights societies when music is made available on the blockchain?
- Italy’s collecting society SIAE to use Algorand in order to deploy a proof-of-stake, blockchain-based platform: good idea or just hype?
- What should a “smart-contract” for a piece of music on the blockchain look like?
- Artists may have wallets designed to manage rights and payments. Music production tools now allow artist to become producers and recording entities: on-chain direct management of their works may disrupt not only collecting societies, but also the traditional music publishing business.
If these questions have piqued your interest, you can register here for the webinar taking place on December 9, 2021 at 12:00.